It's first thing in the morning and I don't have time to sit down for breakfast. I need something quick and easy to make, something energising to get me going, and something to keep me full until lunch. And I need it to go with my coffee, of course! Nothing works better than this Chocolate-Nut Energy Smoothie. It has everything I need to start my day in the right way, or to energise me before a workout.
|scoop||Species Nutrition Isolyze Chocolate Milk whey protein powder, or|
|scoop||any chocolate protein powder|
|Tablespoons||mixed nuts, unsalted|
|cup||vanilla unsweetened almond milk, or|
|cup||any non-dairy milk|
|cup||optional extra: ice|
|Blend everything together until creamy. (Optional: add more almond milk if needed for consistency)|
|Optional: add ice to the blender|
|2||min||Serve in your favourite smoothie glass and enjoy!|
Nutritional Highlights: Oats
Oats are one of the healthiest grains and source of carbohydrates. They can be gluten-free, and a great source of vitamins, minerals, and fibre. Eating oats has meany health benefits such as weight-loss, stabilised blood sugar level, and decreased risk of heart disease.
- Oats are very nutritious, containing up to 13 different vitamins and minerals.
- Oats are rich in antioxidants.
- Oats contain a powerful soluble fibre that lowers LDL cholesterol.
- Oats lower blood sugar levels and help improve insulin sensitivity.
- Oats are very filling and can help you lose weight.
- Oats may decrease the risk of childhood asthma.